Location: Sacramento, CA
The California Democratic Party/Assembly Democrats seeks a Finance Associate. Based in Sacramento, this position is responsible for assisting the Assembly Democrats Deputy Finance Director with coordinating fundraising events, process contributions, maintain office calendar, schedule meetings, manage the office and working with the senior staff on various projects. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills; strong computer skills, with knowledge of online research, Microsoft Office Suite and online databases; and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, work well in a team environment and perform other related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the financial database, NGP – Process contributions received and maintain the contribution database to ensure streamlining of reporting process.
- Coordination of Priority meetings. – Contacting lobbyists, creating financial reports and follow up memos for attendees.
- Prepare and update financial reports and tracking documents
- Work alongside with CDP compliance department for reporting purposes and for reimbursements needed by staff/volunteers.
- Research and identify appropriate donor prospects
- Maintain the office by purchasing needed office supplies, opening mail, shipping documents, correctly filing documents, and assisting guests with usage of various office technology.
- Field phone calls
- Process bills from vendors to ensure proper payments are made and note any billing errors.
- Manage the office calendar, making travel and event arrangements. – This includes creating invitations, biographies, and thank you notes for events.
- Distribution of memos to donors and follow up for pledged contributions.
- Assist the Political Director with preparing presentations, correspondence, and research.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The salary ranges from $5,000-$6,600 per month. The position will include medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Finance Associate.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume to alliso[email protected] with “Finance Associate” in the subject line.
The California Democratic Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy- related conditions), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, caste, creed, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will be based on or influenced by a Protected Characteristic.