The California Democratic Party is hiring a Regional Organizer to work in Palm Springs.
The Organizer will report directly to the Organizing Director and will collaborate with CADEM’s Organizing Team to do the work necessary to get out the vote and prepare for Election Day.
This position is through November 2024.
A strong candidate will have knowledge of the region, be skilled in organizing best practices and field work, and will be able to work in coordination with the Organizing Team to meet CADEM’s statewide overall objectives. The preferred candidate will have the ability to lead and inspire a diverse group of stakeholders, partner organizations, and activists in the region.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Direct voter contact.
● Volunteer recruitment and management.
● Leading and participating in community outreach events.
● Meeting and working with a variety of stakeholders from elected officials to grassroots activists.
● Manage a coordinated field office for endorsed candidates and campaigns.
● Using data and technological tools to lead field efforts such as phonebanks, texbanks, etc.
● Implement CADEMs district-specific voter contact programs for electoral campaigns in conjunction with the CDP statewide organizing plan.
● Follow tracking and reporting systems. Reports would be provided to the Organizing Director and other CADEM leadership members at the request of the Chair or Executive Director.
● Support statewide organizing goals and the work of other CADEM departments such as training, communications, fundraising, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Four or more years of experience with political/electoral campaigns.
● Strong background in volunteer recruitment and management and experience working with coalitions and volunteer-run organizations.
● Intimate knowledge of grassroots organizing best practices.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take direction and function well within a team structure; ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations.
● Ability to work quickly and thrive under tight deadlines; schedules can be long and irregular, including work on weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed. Reliable transportation required.
● Familiarity with the following current outreach tools: – Zoom/Google Groups, Mobilize, mobile walk apps, text banking platforms, social media platforms, etc.
● Know or be comfortable learning to use voter data and contact programs such as PDI, NGP, and other campaign tools.
● Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to be flexible.
● Positive attitude and ability to work both within a team, across several departments, and independently when required.
● Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Ability to approach problem-solving with creativity, initiative, and collaboration.
The salary ranges between $5-6k per month depending on experience.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume and three professional references to [email protected] with “Regional Organizer – Palm Springs” in the subject line. Applications accepted until position filled.
The California Democratic Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy-related conditions), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, caste, creed, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will be based on or influenced by a Protected Characteristic.