Location: Hybrid/Los Angeles/Sacramento/Fresno
The California Democratic Party (CADEM) is hiring a Latino Organizing Manager. The Latino Organizing Manager will report to the CADEM Organizing Director and will collaborate with CADEM’s Organizing Team to engage with Latino voters and increase voter turnout. This position is through November 2024.
A strong candidate will have the skills and knowledge to assess, develop, and execute a Latino outreach program in coordination with organizing plans to grow and engage CADEM’s activist base, work with CADEM partners, and carry out electoral and other programs on a statewide scale. The preferred candidate will have the ability to lead and inspire a diverse group of key stakeholders, partnered Latino organizations, and volunteers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Bilingual communications through toolkits, phone calls, canvassing, mail, media, and other assets in Spanish.
● Establish a consistent and reliable base of Spanish-speaking volunteers who can begin to generate data that will last beyond the next election cycle.
● Participating in regular planning processes with CADEM leadership including setting vote goals and creating a strategic plan to reach those goals.
● Assisting in the execution and implementation of the overall field plan according to the Organizing Department.
● Providing regular reporting on progress toward goals related to all plan elements. Reports would be provided for the Organizing Director and other CADEM leadership members at the request of the Chair or Executive Director.
● Using all field and voter contact programs and tools to broaden and engage CADEM’s Latino voter and Latino organizing leadership base.
● Collaborating with other CADEM departments on organizing, training, communications, etc. to help broaden and strengthen CADEM’s overall work in targeted districts.
Qualifications and Skills:
● At least two years of experience working on Latino outreach and organizing projects within electoral and issue-based field campaigns
● Familiarity with the following current outreach tools: – Zoom/Google Groups, Mobilize, mobile walk apps, text banking platforms, social media platforms, etc.
● Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
● Positive attitude and ability to work both within a team, across several departments, and independently when required.
● Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Working knowledge of California’s political, electoral and legislative processes.
● Willing to work extensive hours, including nights and weekends. Reliable transportation required.
● Ability to approach problem-solving with creativity, initiative and collaboration.
● Experience working collaboratively with elected officials, candidates, but most importantly, with Latino community groups and/or Latino allied organizations.
● High level of personal and professional integrity.
The salary ranges between $5,500-6,000 per month depending on experience. The position will include medical, dental and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Latino Organizing Manager.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume and three professional references to [email protected] with “Latino Organizing Manager” in the subject line. Direct any questions regarding benefits to: [email protected]. Applications accepted until position filled.
The California Democratic Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy-related conditions), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, caste, creed, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will be based on or
influenced by a Protected Characteristic.