Save The Date: CADEM Executive Board, August 25 – 29, 2021
Resolutions Due Wednesday July, 28th, 2021 @ 4:30pm
CDP Bylaws Article V, Section 5, C.:
The Resolutions Committee reviews all resolutions proposed to the committee or the Executive Board in accordance with the California Democratic State Central Committee (CDP) Bylaws. This committee has the authority to recommend, reject, or amend all such resolutions prior to referral to the committee or the Executive Board. The Resolutions Committee establishes and publishes the procedures for the proposition of resolutions that are consistent with the Party’s Bylaws.
Updates on resolutions being accepted and what meeting they will be referred to can be found by clicking on the Submit a Resolution Link. Please read the text before the form submission.
Resolutions will only be accepted via the form above.
Quick Tips on Writing a Resolution for the CDP
- Resolutions are intended to be statements of our principles. Resolutions are not directives telling anyone to do anything.
- Resolutions that dive into highly technical and detailed policy recommendations may be postponed until the Committee can fully research and understand the meaning and intent of the resolution.
- Resolutions can only be 400 words including the title.
- Resolutions must on one 8.5 by 11-inch page in 12pt Font. The staff will remove sponsors from the page for the Resolution to fit.
- Resolutions should not reference or take positions on specific bill numbers, legislation, or ballot initiatives. For Legislative Items, please go to the Legislation Committee here.
- The resolving body of the resolution MUST be the California Democratic Party, not a different organization.
- After resolutions have been passed at a Convention or EBoard, or qualify to be automatically be posted by being “reaffirmed”, CDP will send them to the office of the Governor, the ProTem and the Speaker of the Assembly in the same format as they are posted on the Resolutions Committee website. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to send resolutions to anyone else.
- It is highly recommended that you read the Procedural Rules above before submitting a Resolution.
Important Documents for the Resolutions Committee: Click here for Resolutions Matrix
Committee Roster 2021-2023
Mary Rose Ortega
Cruz Baca Sembello
Andrea Beth Damsky
Bryan King San Juan
Please note that these descriptions are not meant to be an interpretation of the California Democratic Party By-Laws. The CDP By-Laws are available on our website here.