Save The Date: CADEM Executive Board, July 8-10, 2022
The upcoming Executive Board will be in person in Los Angeles. Please visit https://cadem.org/executive-board/ for more information. The Resolutions Committee will work on Resolutions on on Friday, July 8th and take positions on Ballot Measures on Saturday, July 9th. For information on the Ballot Measure consideration process, please review our CADEM Resolutions Committee – Ballot Measure Details Memo.
Resolutions Due Wednesday June, 8th, 2022 @ 12:00:00 PST (Noon)
CDP Bylaws Article V, Section 5, C.:
The Resolutions Committee reviews all resolutions proposed to the committee or the Executive Board in accordance with the California Democratic State Central Committee (CDP) Bylaws. This committee has the authority to recommend, reject, or amend all such resolutions prior to referral to the committee or the Executive Board. The Resolutions Committee establishes and publishes the procedures for the proposition of resolutions that are consistent with the Party’s Bylaws.
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING RESOLUTIONS
CDP Sample Resolution
Updates on resolutions being accepted and what meeting they will be referred to can be found by clicking on the Submit a Resolution Link. Please read the text before the form submission.
Resolutions will only be accepted via the form above.
Quick Tips on Writing a Resolution for the CDP
- Resolutions are intended to be statements of our principles. Resolutions are not directives telling anyone to do anything.
- Resolutions that dive into highly technical and detailed policy recommendations may be postponed until the Committee can fully research and understand the meaning and intent of the resolution.
- Resolutions can only be 400 words including the title.
- Resolutions must on one 8.5 by 11-inch page in 12pt Font. The staff will remove sponsors from the page for the Resolution to fit.
- Resolutions should not reference or take positions on specific bill numbers, legislation, or ballot initiatives. For Legislative Items, please go to the Legislation Committee here.
- The resolving body of the resolution MUST be the California Democratic Party, not a different organization.
- After resolutions have been passed at a Convention or EBoard, or qualify to be automatically be posted by being “reaffirmed”, CDP will send them to the office of the Governor, the ProTem and the Speaker of the Assembly in the same format as they are posted on the Resolutions Committee website. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to send resolutions to anyone else.
- It is highly recommended that you read the Procedural Rules above before submitting a Resolution.
Important Documents for the Resolutions Committee:
Click here for Resolutions Matrix
Click here for Resolutions Packet
For past Resolutions and Reaffirmations, please visit the Resolution Matrix above.
Ballot Measures will be considered by the Resolutions Committee on Saturday, July 9th at 4:00pm. For information on this process, please review our: CADEM Resolutions Committee – Ballot Measure Details Memo
Committee Roster 2021-2023
To get in touch with our Lead Co-Chairs please email [email protected].
Mary Rose Ortega
Cruz Baca Sembello
Andrea Beth Damsky
Bryan King San Juan
Please note that these descriptions are not meant to be an interpretation of the California Democratic Party By-Laws. The CDP By-Laws are available on our website here.