Thank you for your interest in our job opportunities. The California Democratic Party is committed to seeking talented and aspiring employees who will contribute to our dynamic working environment.
Upcoming Job Opportunities
Accepting resumes through October 14, 2022
Location: Virtual/Sacramento/Los Angeles
Job Description: We are looking for a bright, energetic intern who is willing to learn more about the California Democratic Party by assisting our various departments. You will be working closely with our team through our Communications,Finance,Operations,Organizing,Training andPolitical departments. This is a paid internship.
Responsibilities vary based on which department each intern is assigned. Interns will be working in an
ever-changing office setting (in person/virtual hybrid) and are expected to be open and willing to further our California Democratic Party goals. Interns will gain first-hand experience and exposure to the grassroots side of politics on the state level while furthering their professional development.
- Answer phones, direct calls and provide basic party information
- Assist with managing member database
- Perform research at supervisor’s request
- Assist with updating social media platforms and write copy for posts
- Assist in the creation of marketing material and promotions
- Donor outreach and management
- Fulfill task set out by supervisors from several departments
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to work a minimum of 10 hours a week, maximum of 15 hours per week
- The ideal candidate should be highly organized, reliable, prompt, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Interest in politics
- Willingness to learn voter databases and systems
- Willingness to communicate with staff, membership and constituents through email and phone
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, andGoogle
- Commitment to Democratic causes and social justice
- Ability to interact with a wide array of personalities and competing priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
Submit resume to https://fs3.formsite.com/CADEM2011/form161/index.html
Non-exempt position, $15/hour
The program is 10 – 15 hours per week for a 12 week program (3 months) Accepting Application from now until October 14, 2022
Start date – November 1, 2022
Applications accepted until position filled
Department: Operations Department
The California Democratic Party (CDP) is looking to hire a highly motivated individual to serve as Operations Coordinator, who will report directly to the Operations Director.
A strong candidate will be able to quickly learn the processes and procedures of California Democratic Party Bylaws. It is imperative that the candidate is familiar with local, state, and national politics and has a passion for the important work of the Democratic Party. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Operations Director to assist the Department Managers in implementing CADEM’s day to day operations in expediting CADEM events and internal elections.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Organizes and distributes office correspondence to the appropriate department and staff;
- Responsible for helping the Operations team in overseeing volunteer activities within the organization. Duties include, placing volunteers in different roles based on their qualifications and maintaining accurate volunteer shifts, communication and scheduling;
- Maintains the office by organizing office operations and procedures;
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory;
- Maintains adequate staff supplies for both the Executive Board Meetings and Conventions;
- Primary liaison with service providers (internet, phone, janitorial, etc.);
- Excellent task management and willingness to work under deadlines;
- Strong communication skills, especially over the phone;
- Able to quickly learn the PDI/CDP Delegate Membership databasesCRM;
- Willingness to contribute to the team effort by performing other tasks as needed;
- Commitment to details, results, meeting goals, and consistent improvement;
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptive to priority shifts and change (big and small);
- 1-2 years of campaign or political experience recommended;
- Assist other departments with work duties as needed.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required;
- Proficiency in computer skills including virtual communication tools (Excel,Word, Google Suite, Zoom, Dial Pad phone system, etc.);
- Commitment to Democratic causes and social justice;
- Ability to interact with a wide array of personalities and competing priorities;
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team structure.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position will include medical, dental and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Operations Coordinator.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume and three professional references to [email protected] with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please direct any questions regarding benefits to: [email protected] Applications accepted until the position is filled.
The Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy-related conditions), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will be based on or influenced by a Protected Characteristic.
Job Title: College Organizing Fellow
Location: Remote/On Campus/Hybrid (California)
Reports to: Youth Vote Manager
*Part Time Position: 20 hours a week*
California Democratic Party:
The California Democratic Party stands ready to defend and promote the rights, opportunities, and safety of all Californians. We envision a California that leads the world as a model of economic prosperity rooted in economic justice, in both our rural and urban communities. We support an excellent public education system, from pre-K through college, to empower our youth to reach their full potential; a universal, single-payer health care system; good union jobs; sustainably planned communities; a strong democracy from the workplace to the federal government; and, a secure and peaceful world. Because climate change presents an existential threat to the future of humanity, we will fight to: protect our air, water, and natural resources through renewable energy; locate affordable housing near public transportation; and, develop innovative technology to reduce our carbon footprint. We honor, celebrate, and support a diverse California, including immigrant communities, veterans, artists, children and seniors, and will work to ensure they receive all needed resources. We believe in equality, liberty, and justice for all – the right of a woman to choose her own future; the right to fair treatment in the criminal justice system; the right to death with dignity; the right to equal access for those with disabilities; the right to free speech; and, the right to live without fear of hate crimes or gun violence.
The California Democratic Party is building a one-of-a-kind “Forever Organizing” team in order to elect Democratic candidates in the November 2022 Midterm Election. The College Organizing Fellow will join CADEM with the purpose of organizing for the November midterm elections and to build a stronger Democratic organizing community on campus..
By joining the CADEM Organizing Fellowship Program you will work closely with a dedicated team committed to the California Democratic Party vision of leading the way for the nation in core democratic values.
On this team, you will find a positive culture that leads to new professional development opportunities for yourself with an overall mission to elect Democrats throughout California.
Essential Areas of Work/Responsibilities:
- Working with CADEM to set up booths during club fairs
- Plugging CADEM to the Political Science/International Relations, Women’s Studies, Environmental Studies, Earth Science, and any pertinent Department that correlates with important issues
- Recruiting Volunteers for Voter Outreach
- Create events on campus for voter contact and general community organizing
- Get out the word for CADEM organizing events such as phone banking or canvassing
- Promote the download and use of CADem Connect App
- Work with existing College Democratic Club on campus, or create a College Democratic Club, if one does not exist.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meet with the Youth Vote Manager weekly to discuss progress and recruitment
- Research different groups to connect with in priority districts
- Attend trainings and meeting to workshop new ideas to engage youth voters
- Create their own organizing events
- Attend CADEM and County Central Committee events
- Partner with other Youth Vote Groups off campus
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- No prior campaign experience required!
- Must be a currently enrolled student or recent alumni of University/College
- Commitment to building a strong team culture through training and mutual accountability
- Basic knowledge of PDI, Votebuilder/VAN is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, basic computer literacy, and access to a reliable laptop and Wifi connection
- Experience in political campaigns
- Willingness to be creative and experiment within the scope of the position
- An understanding of the California political landscape is a plus
The Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the
basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy-related conditions), race,
color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, caste, creed, age, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body
size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by
federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will
be based on or influenced by a Protected Characteristic.
Work with the Northern California Organizing Manager, build and manage a network of volunteers in the San Francisco Bay Area and support targeted campaigns and candidates in the region.
Position Summary: The California Democratic Party (CADEM) seeks a communications professional with 3 – 6 years of experience in communication work. Reporting to the
Communications Director, the Digital Communications Manager will work to manage all digital communications platforms for the California Democratic Party.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop and manage social media strategies while delivering reports on growth and trends.
- Manage website content and design while integrating content into all digital space.
- Manage and develop mass email planning and digital programs
- Track social media on political issues and stay up to date with the latest digital trends
- Create graphics, social media copy, blogs, social media kits
- Manage special digital communications projects, as needed.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three-to-six years of proven work experience in digital marketing with elected officials, candidates and campaigns.
- Working knowledge and understanding of California’s political, legislative and public affairs environment.
- Strong writing skills and ability to generate and/or significantly contribute to projects.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and assignments, while working effectively with senior management and administrative staff.
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, senior management, delegates and others in a respectful and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of ad service tools.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices of online marketing and measurements.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position will include medical, dental and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Digital Communications Manager.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume and three professional references to
[email protected] with “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line. Please direct any questions regarding benefits to: [email protected]org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
The California Democratic Party complies with all applicable laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of a “Protected Characteristic,” which is defined as: sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender, pregnancy (and pregnancy-related conditions), race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, caste, creed, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, body size, domestic violence victim status, and any other identity or characteristic recognized by federal or California law or applicable local ordinance. No employment decision or action will be based on or influenced by a Protected Characteristic.
Dr. Asif Mahmood for Congress seeks an Organizer to join their team. This is a full time position starting as soon as possible and running until November 15, 2022. Organizerswill be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to expand thevolunteer network for the campaign. Organizers will manage and execute voter contacttactics such as phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, text banks, andvisibility events. In addition, Organizers will recruit and coordinate volunteers aroundvoter protection efforts. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, and enthusiastic.
Supporter housing can be provided for folks relocating from outside of Southern California.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Positions will be based directly in the congressional district;
- Commitment to the election of Democrats up and down the ballot;
- Adaptable to changing needs and program priorities
- Previous political campaign experience a plus;
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence —the awareness, knowledge,and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self inmeaningful, relevant, and productive ways;
- Have a personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing incross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broadbackgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, genderidentity and disability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal skills;
- A positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Current driver’s license.
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected] the subject line “Organizer Application.”