Thank you for your interest in our job opportunities. The California Democratic Party is committed to seeking talented and aspiring employees who will contribute to our dynamic working environment.
Upcoming Job Opportunities
Location: Virtual/Sacramento/Los Angeles
Job Description: We are looking for a bright, energetic intern who is willing to learn more about the California Democratic Party by assisting our various departments. You will be working closely with our team through our Communications, Finance, Operations, Organizing, Training and Political departments. This is a paid internship.
Responsibilities vary based on which department each intern is assigned. Interns will be working in an ever-changing office setting (in person/virtual hybrid) and are expected to be open and willing to further our California Democratic Party goals. Interns will gain first-hand experience and exposure to the grassroots side of politics on the state level while furthering their professional development.
- Answer phones, direct calls and provide basic party information
- Assist with managing member database
- Perform research at supervisor’s request
- Assist with updating social media platforms and write copy for posts
- Assist in the creation of marketing material and promotions
- Donor outreach and management
- Fulfill task set out by supervisors from several departments
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to work a minimum of 10 hours a week, maximum of 15 hours per week
- The ideal candidate should be highly organized, reliable, prompt, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Interest in politics
- Willingness to learn voter databases and systems
- Willingness to communicate with staff, membership and constituents through email and phone
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and Google
- Commitment to Democratic causes and social justice
- Ability to interact with a wide array of personalities and competing priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
Submit resume to https://fs3.formsite.com/CADEM2011/form161/index.html
Non-exempt position, $20/hour
The program is 10 – 15 hours per week for a 12 week program (3 months)
Accepting Application from now until June 26, 2023
Start date – July 17, 2023
The CDP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, economic status or any other protected class.